Daily Routine Suitable For Rosacea
What Causes Rosacea?
Surprisingly, the exact cause of Rosacea is still a mystery to doctors. However, they’ve narrowed the source of that embarrassing and uncomfortable redness down to three probable causes:
When blood flow to the areas of skin affected by Rosacea was measured, it turned out to be 3 to 4 times higher than normal. (Sibenge & Gawkrodger, 1992)
That skin ‘flush’ is an inflammatory response similar to what happens when we bruise or break a bone: the blood rushes to the damaged area to help repair the damage.
Here’s the problem:
With Rosacea there isn’t a broken bone or bruised skin. The skin gets inflamed with blood and has no problem to solve. To make matters worse, our face has a very delicate system of blood vessels unlike the rest of our body, and they don’t respond well when they’re constantly pumped full of blood, so the inflammation ITSELF is the problem that must be resolved.
This is the first step to our second problem:
2. Strained Blood Vessels
As we age, this abnormal swelling and emptying causes our blood vessels to lose their elasticity. These blood vessels are like balloons being inflated and deflated over and over, stretched to their limit, getting weaker and weaker in the process until they no longer have the elasticity to resist and don’t empty as easily.
That means the next time they fill up with blood, they stay swollen because they can’t squeeze it all out, and eventually those blood vessels ‘pop’ and leave red spots on our skin that don’t go away.
What Can Trigger Rosacea?
We have found the key triggers for this condition are (amongst other things) the use of SPF's, makeup, perfumes and synthetic chemical skincare.
What benefits does using natural skin care bring?
A naturopathic approach using therapeutic grade ingredients is recommended. When using products on your skin which only use natural wellbeing plant extracts this can help you to not irritate or inflame the skin. We only make products using these unique ingredients, allowing the skin the opportunity to self repair and improve itself naturally.
Recent data from two trials presented at the American Academy of Dermatology show a natural based regimen delivers improved skin health vs. dermatologist recommended synthetic counterparts - this is a breakthrough for those with skin problems, a natural approach will also benefit you!
We don’t sell magic myth potions or miracle creams! We are everyday usable skin care suitable for people prone to skin problems. Here is our 3 step daily routine:
1) Wash your skin, hair with our washes. You can benefit from using the oil first on the skin in the shower, massaging in with the water ...then use our washes to wash off the oil. Using the oil in the bath is also a great way to moisturise the skin. This is especially beneficial if you have been in a chemical swimming pool for example.
2) Apply the oil & allow to soak in. Oils are our super product!
3) Apply a moisturising cream (these seals the oil’s properties in the skin, absorbing everything it needs and stops any oil feeling left on the skin)
Here are a few guidelines to help if you have a skin problem that won't go away:
- You can use the products everyday (we like to apply in the morning and in the evening). The more you use the more hydration your skin gets.
- We recommend trying to follow a good diet of lean protein, carbs and vegetables. This will help rebuild your body and help digestion.
- perform regular impactful exercise routines, which will help boost your immune system.
- get a good nights sleep! at least 8 hours.
- importantly, avoid synthetic chemical processed foods and products. A must!